Wednesday, October 31, 2012

My favorite LOTR Artist!

Arwen and Aragorn (Eternal Promise) Copyright Matt Stewart


Ok so I love cross stitch I LOVE art and I also really like Lord of the Rings. Well I have already told you guys about Heaven and Earth Designs and one of their charts is called Eternal Promise. Well The artists' name is Matthew Stewart and he has the MOST amazing paintings of Lord of the Rings I have ever seen.  Here is a pic of Eternal Promise and it was originally titled Arwen and Aragorn.

Horn of Boromir Copyright Matt Stewart
He even has some other more amazing works of art as well! I have never seen another artist actually paint out an entire scene from the books but Matthew has!  Check out this Horn of Boromir Painting he did! It is SO fab!!!! I am so praying for this to be charted because I am just DYING to stitch all of those Orges!

Galadriel copyright Matt Stewart
And WHO doesnt remember Galadriel??? The elven queen that helped Frodo and the others? She was SO ethereal in the movie but I think Matthew has done a MUCH better job of capturing her in his paintings of her!
This isnt all of his work of Lord of the Rings either. He also has done Aragorn in his hood (as Strider) as well and even done a piece of Eowyn fighting Nazgul! Now who else does that? He also has an AMAZING Gandalf piece too!

Matt Stewart at work with a little helper!
Matthew has worked with Wizards of the coast and Upper deck and a whole host of other companies and his artwork is SO amazing. He is one of the BEST fantasy artists I have ever seen. Interesting Fact with Matthew is that He was with Heaven and Earth a LONG time ago and had had to leave due to contract/paperwork issues. Well he never knew how LOVED his work was and had no IDEA people were still clamoring for his charts! When it was announced that he was re-signing OMG the response was IMMENSE!!! SO many Eternal Promise charts were sold and wishlisted in the first 24 hours I think it came close to setting a record if not setting a record!

You REALLY need to check out all of his work Here at http://www.matthew-stewart.com/  Drop him an email and let him know what you think of his work! I know he will be very appreciative of it!

BTW these photo's belong to Matt and he HAS copyrighted them so do a favor and DONT steal them. Its just plain wrong to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment